Monday, June 23, 2014

What's this all about?

Wilkommen. Bienvenue. Welcome!

My name is Kelly, and I'm a diva. Okay, lest we start off on the wrong foot, let me explain. A diva is not necessarily a high-maintenance superstar who makes unreasonable demands and cops an attitude with everyone she considers beneath her (generally, well, everyone.). No, a diva is actually "a distinguished female singer" (thank you, Webster!), which can cover a wide range of personalities.

So, I'm a singer - I'm not sure about the "distinguished" part, but I do okay - and actress, and dancer, and instrumentalist ... and writer, and crafter, and gardener, and cook, and handy-(wo)man, and ... and ... and ...

Yeah, I know. I seem to have more interests than I have days in the year.

So why are we here? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm here to learn how to do stuff (and in some cases, how NOT to do stuff). I'm on a journey of self-exploration, if you will, to see what I'm capable of. I like to know things, and know about things. I want to be self-sufficient, self-sustaining, and self-satisfied. There are things that I'd like to learn how to do because they're fascinating to me, and there are things I'd like to learn how to do because I think I can do it more affordably than I can buy it in a store. And then there are skills I'd like to have to make me valuable in the event of the zombie apocalypse that my brother keeps encouraging me to prepare for.

This is Georgia. She likes to think she helps. She's usually wrong about that. She's not always the best roommate, but she does make for a good back-up alarm clock. She also fancies herself to be an expert bug-catcher, but can't be bothered to extend that expertise to mice (which, thankfully, are a rarity in our house!).

So come in and make yourself at home. This blog isn't specifically a food blog, or a craft blog, or a travel blog. It's all of that (though I'm no expert) and, hopefully, more. It's an exploration of how to be independent (somewhat), creative (somewhat), and interesting (somewhat).

This a chronicle one woman's attempts to live a fabulous life, both the successes and the failures, the highs and the lows. Let's have an adventure, shall we?

All content and images are ©The Casual Diva, except where otherwise noted. Content may not be republished without prior consent of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment